Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support existing email is not able to register

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    info
    Participant

When an email is already existing, the user gets error messages during the registration:

Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$is_new in /var/www/…/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/subscription/subscription.php on line 187

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/…/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/subscription/subscription.php:187) in /var/www/web24466282/html/wordpress/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1435

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/…/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/subscription/subscription.php:187) in /var/www/web24466282/html/wordpress/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1438

Wordpress 6.5.4 (currently latest version)
    Plugin version 8.3.8

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello,

that’s a warning message, please turn off wp debug from your wp-config.

You cannot register twice the same email address, each address is unique.

Thanks,
    Michael

info
    Participant

but if I am working with 2 lists and the user is in one list, the form should also add this user to the second, if the form is used for that list.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, while the email is registered as unique, if someone uses a second form, the data is “merged” with the existing one—the multiple subscription settings on the Subscription Configuration Panel control that.

For example, a second subscription could require confirmation before having it merged (otherwise anyone could use other’s emails and update their data!). So the new collected data is “parked” and then merged once confirmed with the activation email.

info
    Participant

Thats what I would also would expect, but even If wp_config debug is false, there are these php-error messages instead some info for the user. And it is never merged as you described.
    Configuration Panel multiple registrations are allowed.

For me as a user I would at first expect that the user never sees error messages, even if he is registered yet. And the merge into to lists does not work.

It worked some month ago when I created that all on my website. Now it has this bug.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, try to upgrade to the latest version, where the subscription has been refactored. Probably the recent review to address an XSS problem introduced that warning.

info
    Participant

yes with the newest version 8.3.9 which is available from today in my plugins it works!
    Bug is solved.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.