Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Critical error after click subscribe

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kkowalewicz
    Participant

Since yesterday, after clicking subscribe in the form, it does not redirect to the selected page, and a critical error appears. How to fix it?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, if you have a critical error, and it’s a WP message, you should have received an email at the address set on WP main settings with the error details. But, if the error is related to the mailing system, you don’t have such an email.

In this case, from the admin side, go to the Newsletter/Help/Delivery and run a test: what’s reported? If everything is fine, please check on your WP main settings the email address and change it if it’s not a working mailbox.

If the error page is reporting more information about the error, please copy them here.

kkowalewicz
    Participant

1. I don’t receive any emails about errors from WP
    2. The email address entered in the settings is correct
    3. The sending test is successful, the test e-mail arrives

I am inserting a form via shortcode. I fill in my e-mail address and name. I click subscribe. It goes to the address/?na=s page, where a fatal error appears in the WP window.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, if you share the site address I can test myself. To have the full error details you should ask the provider for the “error log”.

You can even try that:
    1. on the main newsletter’s plugin setting, advanced tab, activate the debug mode (it’s one of the last options)
    2. reproduce the error
    3. check on newsletter’s admin Help/Logs if there is a php-aaa.txt file: it could contain the error details
    4. disable the debug mode at point 1
    5. copy here the error if any has been recorded

kkowalewicz
    Participant

The website address is: https://toysurfing.com The form is at the bottom.

I followed these steps and I don’t have such a file in the logs: https://freeimage.host/i/dHGclh7

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, that means the Newsletter plugin is not probably loaded when the error happens. Since the error is intercepted by your WP, you have two options:

1. ask the hosting provider to check the error logs where the error details are reported
    2. you can add to your wp-config.php the line of code below to disable the error handler and, if we’re lucky, the error is displayed:

define( ‘WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER’, true );

please, if you ass that line, retype the single quotes since the copy and paste usually breaks them.

Another option is to enable the WP debug mode. Always changing the wp-config.php you should add (or modify if already present):

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true);
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false);

errors should be intercepted and logged to the file wp-content/debug.log.

NOTE: the wp debug mode does not capture only the errors, it capture even warning notices and many non-fatal conditions.

If even that file is not created, you probably have a specific PHP configuration, You can try to set:

define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, true);

and hope the error is displayed.

kkowalewicz
    Participant

I received this error:

Deprecated: html_entity_decode(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/includes/module-base.php on line 903

Deprecated: strtolower(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/includes/module-base.php on line 936
    Błąd bazy danych WordPressa: [Duplicate entry ‘0’ for key ‘ro24O_newsletter.PRIMARY’]
    INSERT INTO ro24O_newsletter (id, email, name, surname, sex, status, ip, language, referrer, http_referer, token, country, city, region, last_activity, wp_user_id, updated, list_1) VALUES (‘0’, ‘kowalewiczkamil@gmail.com’, ‘ja’, ”, ‘n’, ‘C’, ‘195.136.101.64’, ”, ”, ”, ‘0c0ca9d304’, ”, ”, ”, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘1718964881’, ‘1’)

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property “_new” on bool in /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/subscription/subscription.php:461 Stack trace: #0 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/subscription/subscription.php(181): NewsletterSubscription->subscribe2(Object(TNP_Subscription)) #1 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): NewsletterSubscription->hook_newsletter_action(‘s’, NULL, Object(stdClass)) #2 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #3 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/plugin.php(297): do_action(‘newsletter_acti…’, ‘s’, NULL, Object(stdClass)) #5 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): Newsletter->hook_wp_loaded(”) #6 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #7 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #8 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-settings.php(717): do_action(‘wp_loaded’) #9 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-config.php(49): require_once(‘/home/toysurfin…’) #10 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘/home/toysurfin…’) #11 /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘/home/toysurfin…’) #12 /home/toysurfing/public_html/index.php(17): require(‘/home/toysurfin…’) #13 {main} thrown in /home/toysurfing/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/subscription/subscription.php on line 461

Stefano
    Keymaster

ok, that is what I need. it is an error in our code, now I’ll check the origin since it should not happen!

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, just released version 8.4.0 should address your issue (it’s a database configuration in your site different than the standard which raise an error – it’s not something you should change, we need to have compatible code, sorry for this problem).

You should see the update shortly, try the WP/Upcate panel a do a “check again”.

Let me know if the problem is solved with that version.

kkowalewicz
    Participant

Thank you very much for help. Everything is working now.

Greetings from Poland 🙂

Stefano
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!

Have a nice day, Stefano.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Critical error after click subscribe’ is closed to new replies.